We are reopening Sheffield Manor Lodge’s outdoor spaces. Enjoying the outdoors and sharing special time with friends and family is a big part of what we’re all about. We can’t wait to welcome you back to enjoy our grounds and gardens once again to enjoy seasonal trails and crafts, this week its farm week. Bring a picnic, sit back and relax in our gorgeous grounds.
Please note Mr Barnes' Farm is permanently closed and there will be no animals at this event.
We know you will have lots of questions on how our activities will work and we ensure they are safe. We have tried to answer as many as we can below but if you have further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
We are following government guidance closely and safety is our number one priority, so initially we’ll only be reopening the Tudor grounds and offering socially distanced family activities. We want to make visiting as enjoyable as possible and accessible to everyone so entry will be free, and we just ask a small price to take part in our craft activity, paid on the day. In order to protect our visitors, staff and volunteers we will be limiting numbers and asking you to pre book places in advance online or via telephone.
Here’s what you’ll be able to do:
• Explore the grounds on a golf course style seasonal trail. Remember don’t move to the next tee until it is empty. This week its a farm themed trail.
• Get creative with an outdoor craft with a farm theme . The best part – everything you need is pre-packed so just delve into your bag and get going (£2 paid on the day by contactless card or correct change).
• Bring a picnic and enjoy time together in stunning surroundings.
• For now, the sandpit, Turret House and Discovery Centre will remain closed.
• The Rhubarb Shed café are offering take out picnics and are looking to reopen soon. These must be booked in advance so please call them on: 07375366429
Can I book by phone?
We have carried out an extensive risk assessment on our site and activities and we can assure you they are safe.
• We will first reopen with a very small number of visitors per day. Our opening times are 10:30am to 3pm but you can drop in at any time.
• Tickets must be reserved online or via telephone.
• In accordance with government guidance, face coverings must be worn at all time when in the Discovery Centre. This does not apply to children under 11 and those with a medical exemption.
• Where a payment is taken on site e.g. for a drink or craft activity, we will only accept the use of contactless card or the correct change.
• Our entrance will have 2m distance markers on the floor.
• The Discovery Centre will be distanced marked and a one-way system through the centre set up.
• The trail will operate on a golf course system. You only move to the next “tee” once it is free.
• Our craft will be prepacked. Shared resources will be kept to an absolute minimum, used by one child only on the day and not be reused within 72 hours.
• Cleaning will take place constantly throughout the day.
• Hygiene stations will be in place.
• Staff and volunteers will have extra breaks for hand washing.
• We encourage you to bring a picnic. We will sell a limited number of prepacked snacks and cold drinks. We will not reopen our shop initially.