I.D. common bird species and learn interesting facts. Make your own hanging fat ball to feed the birds at home.
In order to protect our visitors, staff and volunteers we will be limiting numbers and asking you to pre-book places in advance online.
We have carried out an extensive risk assessment on our site and activities and we can assure you they are safe.
• We will open to a limited number of visitors per day. Tickets must be bought in advance.
• Do not attend if you are experiencing symptoms of coronavirus. These are a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
• Entrance times will be staggered. You can stay as long as you want until 3:30pm.
• Please follow the current social mixing guidance rules. This is outdoor only mixing with two household OR six people. Social distancing must be maintained between households at all times.
• The Discovery Centre is open only for ticket scanning, toilet access, take out refreshments and to visit our shop.
• Face coverings must be worn at all time when entering the Discovery Centre. This does not apply to children under 11 and those with a medical exemption.
• Where a payment is taken on site e.g. for a drink or craft activity, we would prefer the use of contactless card or the correct change.
• Our entrance will have 2m distance markers on the floor.
• The Discovery Centre toilet's will be open. Entrance will be distanced marked and a one-way system through the centre set up.
• The trail and will operate on a golf course system. You only move to the next “tee” once it is free.
• Craft will be prepackaged.
• Cleaning will take place throughout the day. Hygiene stations will be in place. Staff and volunteers will have extra breaks for hand washing.
• We encourage you to bring a picnic. We will sell a limited number of prepacked snacks and drinks. Please note the Rhubarb Shed cafe is not open.
• We won't be putting out our sandpit toys and games at the moment but you are welcome to bring your own.
£0.00 – £3.00