From Medieval deer park to a Tudor powerhouse, you can explore the story of Sheffield Manor Lodge including the intrigues and dramas of Mary, Queen of Scots' time in captivity. Through self led tour amongst the meadow filled ruins and inside the Turret House, Sheffield's Tudor history comes to life. Please note our guided tours will resume from 27th June.
Wander our grounds filled with Pictorial Meadows and visit our apothecary garden and lavender labyrinth.
What’s the difference between a dragonfly and a damselfly? How fast can they fly? What makes them the most successful predators? Follow the trail to find out then make your own dragonfly out of wool and pipe-cleaners. We will be opening up our discovery centre once again a have a small number of tables available for indoor crafting.
In order to protect our visitors, staff and volunteers we will be limiting numbers and asking you to pre-book places in advance online.
We have carried out an extensive risk assessment on our site and activities and we can assure you they are safe.
• We will open to a limited number of visitors per day. Tickets must be bought in advance.
• Do not attend if you are experiencing symptoms of coronavirus. These are a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
• Entrance times will be staggered. You can stay as long as you want until 4pm.
• Please follow the current social mixing guidance rules both inside and outside.
• Face coverings must be worn at all time when entering the Discovery Centre. This does not apply to children under 11 and those with a medical exemption.
• Where a payment is taken on site e.g. for a drink or craft activity, we would prefer the use of contactless card or the correct change.
• Our entrance will have 2m distance markers on the floor.
• The trail and will operate on a golf course system. You only move to the next “tee” once it is free.
• Craft will be prepackaged.
• Cleaning will take place throughout the day. Hygiene stations will be in place. Staff and volunteers will have extra breaks for hand washing.
• We encourage you to bring a picnic. We sell a small ranged of prepacked snacks and drinks. Please note the Rhubarb Shed cafe has limited opening until 21st June and we recommend ringing them to book in advance 07375366429.
• We won't be putting out our sandpit toys and games at the moment but you are welcome to bring your own.
£0.00 – £3.00