We are opening Sheffield Manor Lodge for two special Tudor days. We can’t wait to share the stories of this amazing heritage site once again.
In order to protect our visitors, staff and volunteers we will be limiting numbers and asking you to pre-book places in advance online or via telephone.
£4 per person (adults and children), discount for Friend of Manor Lodge and S2 residents, 2 and under free.
• Meet Bess of Hardwick, the Earl of Shrewsbury and their entourage, hear their stories on our socially distanced tour of the ruins.
• Enter the Turret House and climb the spiral staircase once used by Mary Queen of Scots to see our banquet room (timed tickets given on the day).
• See birds of prey, a popular sport enjoyed by Mary and her courtiers (additional charge to hold the birds).
• Explore the grounds on a golf course style family history trail. Remember don’t move to the next tee until it is empty.
• Get creative with a children's craft. Included in price for all children.
• Bring a picnic and enjoy time together in stunning surroundings. Please check the Rhubarb Shed Cafe's Facebook for updates on their opening hours.
Can I book by phone?
We have carried out an extensive risk assessment on our site and activities and we can assure you they are safe.
• We will open to a limited number of visitors per day. Tickets must be bought in advance.
• Entrance times will be staggered. Please buy a morning or afternoon ticket. You can stay as long as you want until 4pm.
• In accordance with current government guidance, face coverings must be worn at all time when in the Discovery Centre and Turret House. This does not apply to children under 11 and those with a medical exemption.
• Where a payment is taken on site e.g. for a drink or craft activity, we would prefer the use of contactless card or the correct change.
• Our entrance will have 2m distance markers on the floor.
• The Discovery Centre toilet's will be open. Entrance will be distanced marked and a one-way system through the centre set up.
• The trail and will operate on a golf course system. You only move to the next “tee” once it is free.
• Our craft will be prepacked.
• The tour will operate with social distancing in a one way system.
• Cleaning will take place constantly throughout the day. Hygiene stations will be in place. Staff and volunteers will have extra breaks for hand washing.
• We encourage you to bring a picnic. We will sell a limited number of prepacked snacks and cold drinks.
£0.00 – £4.00