As a customer facing Landscape Meadows Technician you will form part of the meadow products and services team and be responsible for the establishment, maintenance, and delivery of high-quality meadows across the UK and occasionally into Europe. You will provide specialist knowledge and expertise along with excellent customer service to ensure our customers are able to achieve meadows that are right for them.
1. Responsible for the practical delivery, establishment, and maintenance of meadow planting contracts
2. Responsible for dealing with customer enquiries and recording data on the Customer Service Management system
3. Responsible for customer site visits to carry out survey work, provide advice on meadow establishment and maintenance
4. Responsible for preparing customer reports on meadow design, establishment, timescales, maintenance and cost
5. Assist in setting an agreed work programme, ensuring that all work is prioritised according to need
6. Assist with R&D work relating to meadows
7. Responsible for the use of machinery and equipment including the upkeep in a good and safe working order, stored safely and securely
8. Responsible for performance management of staff as required
9. To operate machinery and equipment as required particularly tractors and mounted equipment (following certification and induction)
10. Driving vehicles and towing trailers across the UK including loading and unloading
11. Report writing using Microsoft office software
12. Provide regular Health and Safety check sheets and COSHH reports, log issues using computer software and phone apps
13. Carry out plant establishment and maintenance tasks including use of pesticides
14. Provide a reliable presence in the workplace, setting good examples of punctuality, behaviour, work ethic, and adherence to company policies and procedures.
15. To motivate and ensure the staff are ready for work and to leave the yard by 8:00 am ensuring there is a full day’s work and that staff do not exceed their allocated break times.
16. Positively seek to do things better, identify and lead on opportunities, challenges and changes to improve the way we work.
17. To be flexible in your approach to work, to work effectively and positively with multi- agency teams and solve rather than create problems
18. Work effectively with good clear communication to the meadow services team, the Landscape Managers, Business Services Office and other internal staff and customers to ensure that all works can be delivered safely, to schedule, on time and to a high quality
Customer Service & Working Relationships
19. To attend and contribute to all team meetings and feed information into meetings
20. Maintain positive internal and external relationships with all colleagues, customers and the general public
21. Support colleagues in other sections of the company through good communication, understanding of the differing roles that they play and through mutual promotion of their services.
22. Contribute actively to the success of the Commercial Green Business Section and the whole Company through active participation in continuous improvement, with provision of specialist advice where needed.
23. Undertake any other duties, as requested by your Line Manager, commensurate with the level of responsibility of the job and the aims of Green Estate CIC