Seasonal post with potential for additional hours and extension
Hours of Work:
Sheffield Manor Lodge
Customer Service – you will have experience in meeting and greeting members of the public in a front of house role. You will take great pride in ensuring that every one of our customers has the best experience, and you have the knowledge and a firm understanding of what excellent customer service means.
Personal presentation – you hate being late and are always punctual and prepared. You will always ensure you are smartly and appropriately dressed for service.
Best practice – you have a good understanding of the importance of adhering to and enforcing age restrictions, including Check 25. You know how to identify potential situations that may escalate and are confident in how to deal with these.
Technical skills – ideally, you will have experience of using electronic till systems.
To work as part of a small team at our unique and historic barn wedding venue, ensuring that all of our guests have an excellent experience of their visit through the provision of exceptional customer service.
• Ensuring the bar is ready for service before each event, and bar related services for each event are understood and prepared
• Provision of a professional, high standard customer service to all guests
• Serving customers and guests politely, promptly, and efficiently
• Ensuring age restrictions are rigorously applied
• Providing a clean-as-you-go approach to ensure all surfaces and floor spaces are kept safe, clean and tidy throughout an event
• Ensuring glasses are cleaned and shelved, and stock replenished as required
• Contributing to team discussions and be willing to make suggestions for the improved running of the bar
• Cleaning down of whole bar area at the end of each event ensuring it is left clean, tidy and ready for next use
• Ensuring all sales are accurate and money handled as required
• Ensuring all breakages and losses are accounted for and all issues are reported to your line manager promptly
• Ensuring all procedures and practices are followed at all times
• Undertaking any other duties, as requested by your line manager, commensurate with the level of the post.
Please note this is a zero hour contract on national minimum wage.
We are asking applicants to send in a CV and covering letter describing why they would like the position and how their skills, knowledge and experience match our Essential & Desirable list.
17th May 2021
27th May 2021
5th June 2021
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to:
Green Estate CIC, 389 Manor Lane, Sheffield, S2 1UL
If you have any question about this role, please contact Amanda Barnes by sending an email to email@example.com or phoning 01142762828.
The Green Estate CIC is a Social Enterprise working to improve the quality of the urban environment in the Manor and Castle area of Sheffield.
We would love to show you round our venue and share ideas on how to make your day exactly as you want it to be. Drop us a line by filling in the details below and Emily and Ben will get back to you shortly with available show round times.
Green Estate / Sheffield Manor Lodge: 389 Manor Lane Sheffield S2 1UL Phone: 0114 276 2828 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Schools, education and tours: 0114 276 2828 ext 647 email@example.com
Weddings and venue hire: 0114 276 2828 ext 623 firstname.lastname@example.org
Rhubarb Shed cafe and catering: 07375366429 email@example.com
A Green Estate Initiative
To contact us please fill in this form and we will respond as soon as possible. Sheffield Manor Lodge is committed to protecting your privacy. If you would like to see our privacy and data protection policy please